Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yellow Dragon Fruit


This might just be the most perfectly engineered fruit I have had the pleasure to meet. While it does not share the snazzy flashiness of the pink dragon fruit, the pulp is much sweeter and juicier, and those perfect little black seeds have exactly the most pleasing level of crunchiness. I have just the barest memory of tasting something like this in a candy bar once when I was very little. I do hope I will be able to find these again. A joyous khameshoser (or Tu b’Shvat) to all in mol araan.

The Yiddish word for yellow dragon fruit is געלער פּיפּערנאָטער־באַר (geler pipernoter bar).

Sweetnicks will round up other fruity discoveries for this festive and auspicious day.


, ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having found the pink one a huge disappointment, I am naturally sceptical of your claims, Chocolate Lady. However, I will keep my eyes peeled in Chinatown and should I find one I will certainly let you know my opinion.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home